1. Remove the light shade(s) on your old ceiling fan by removing the screws holding it/them in place.
2. Remove each blade by removing the screws holding them in place.
3. Remove the canopy by removing the screws holding it in place. Slide it down.
4. Disconnect all of the wires coming from the old fan.
5. Remove the mounting bracket by removing the screws holding it in place.
6. Secure the new mounting bracket in place with the new screws.
7. Connect the new wires and secure them with wire nuts. If there is a remote control, connect it now. Put batteries in the remote control.
8. Put the rod and/or canopy on the fan. Slide it up to the mounting bracket.
9. Cut the lead wires as needed. Slide the canopy up to the ceiling and secure it with the new screws.
10. Put each blade onto the blade brackets with the included screws.
11. Put each blade bracket onto the fan with the included screws.
12. Connect the light kit and secure it with the screws. Put the glass on and secure it with the included screws.
13. If not using a light kit, connect both the fan and light wires together and put the light cap on. Secure it with screws.
14. Attach the included pull chains, if applicable.
15. Turn on your new fan!